Born in Knoxville, Tennessee, but raised in South Louisiana, Mr. Robertson graduated from Riverside Military Academy in 1994 and then received his Bachelor of Arts cum laude from The Citadel in 1998. Mr. Robertson earned his juris doctorate degree from the University of Tennessee in 2001, at which time he was admitted to practice before the Tennessee Supreme Court.
Mr. Robertson began his professional career at Manier & Herod, where he practiced as an associate from 2001 through 2007. His practice there focused largely on surety and construction litigation as well as related bankruptcy litigation and secured commercial transactions.
In 2008 Mr. Robertson associated his practice with Smythe, Puryear, and Robertson, until opening the offices of Robertson Law Group on Nashville's historic Music Row in 2010.
Mr. Robertson is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts of the state of Tennessee, and regularly assists out of state attorneys by acting as local counsel. He has represented clients throughout Tennessee, as well as in disputes in Texas, Kansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Alabama, Delaware, New York, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Kentucky, and Indiana.
Areas Of Practice
- Construction Law
- Mechanics Lien
- Contract Disputes
- Business & Commercial Law
- Business & Commercial Law Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 2001
- The Citadel, Military College of South, Charleston, South Carolina
- B.A. - 1998
- Honors: cum laude
In re Farmland Industries, Inc., 296 B.R. 793 (8th Cir. B.A.P 2003)
Developers Surety and Indemnity Co. v. Martin, 2006 WL 1984425 (E.D.TN 2006)
Universal Bonding Ins. Co. v. Midstate Construction, LLC, 2006 WL 3761813 (E.D.TN 2006)
Universal Bonding Ins. Co. v. Midstate Construction, LLC, 2007 WL 626219 (E.D.TN 2007)
American Southern Ins. Co. v. Maverick Construction & Engineering Corp., 2007 WL 1000804 (W.D.TN 2007)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel
- ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association